Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
Study time: 2 hours
In this course, you will be introduced to caring for people with mental health conditions, dementia, and learning disabilities. This informative course covers the theoretical requirements for standard 9 of the Care Certificate.
3 self-led presentations
1 assessment of learning
- Understand that needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions, dementia or learning disabilities
- Understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided
- Awareness of Mental Health
- Awareness of Dementia
- Awareness of Learning Disability
There is a final assessment which must be passed with at least 75% to pass the course.
You will have unlimited attempts to pass the assessment.