Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
Study time: 2 hours
In this course, you will be introduced to caring for people with mental health conditions, dementia, and learning disabilities. This informative course covers the theoretical requirements for standard 9 of the Care Certificate.
3 self-led presentations
1 assessment of learning
- Understand that needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions, dementia or learning disabilities
- Understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided
- Awareness of Mental Health
- Awareness of Dementia
- Awareness of Learning Disability
There is a final assessment which must be passed with at least 75% to pass the course.
You will have unlimited attempts to pass the assessment.
Instant Download, Print and Share
- Each of our courses comes with a certificate which you can use to demonstrate your knowledge to the world.
- Some of our courses have assessments attached to them and you must achieve a certain mark to pass the assessment and gain your certificate.
- The certificates are printable, and will be saved in your Care Academy profile where they will remain for as long as you keep your Care Academy account. For further information about downloading your certificate after you have exited a course, visit our Virtual Help Desk.
What's included on your Certificate
- Your certificate will be personalised with the name which you enter on completion of the course.
- Name of the course completed
- Date that the course was completed
- Expiry date of certificate (where applicable)
- Stamps of approval and/or accreditations
- Learning outcomes of what you have learned during your training
- Assessment score (only applicable for some courses)
Please make sure you are familiar with our technical requirements before commencing a course:
Web browser: Google Chrome or Firefox. Some of our courses/elements of courses will not work on other internet browsers.
Device: Although our courses work on any device connected to the internet, we recommend a desktop or laptop for optimal learning experience.
Internet: You need to have an internet connection to access any of our online training courses.
PDF Reader: Some of our courses come with PDFs and Word documents for download. You need to ensure that you have a PDF reader and word processor on your device to access these documents if you would like to download them.