Introduction to Food Hygiene and Safety in Healthcare
Study time: 1 hour
Our course meets the requirements for mandatory training and follows Food Standards Agency standards. This course also includes food allergy awareness training. This course covers the theory for standard 8 of the Care Certificate.
1 certificate of learning
Bonus food allergy training module
- Understand the legislation which governs food hygiene and safety
- Understand the principles of food hygiene and safety
- Understand the principles of nutrition and hydration
- Understand how to support individuals to have access to fluids and nutrition in care
- Understand how to implement infection control procedures regarding food hygiene and safety
- Understand what a food allergy is and the top food allergens
- Infection Control
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Allergy Awareness
Each module has an assessment at the end. You must pass each assessment with at least 75% to pass the course. The final assessment must be passed with at least 75% to pass the course. You will have unlimited attempts to pass all assessments.