Level 2 Food Safety for Residential and Nursing Homes
Study time: 2 hours
Our Level 2 Food Safety course follows the Food Standards Agency guidelines, and is specifically written for those working in care homes.
14 self-led presentations
10 quizzes to help test your knowledge as you learn
2 end of course assessments (both must be passed to complete course)
Full reference list with useful links for further reading
Quality, Care Academy certificate on successful completion of the course
- An introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food poisoning and its control
- Personal hygiene
- Design of premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food pests and control
- Food safety management from purchase to service
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Safety in Residential and Nursing Homes
- Learners must use this course in line with our Child Protection Policy
- Minimum of level 1 literacy is recommended (GCSE grade G/level 1 or above)
- You will need access to a computer and internet connection to complete this course
Instant Download, Print and Share
- Each of our courses comes with a certificate which you can use to demonstrate your knowledge to the world.
- Some of our courses have assessments attached to them and you must achieve a certain mark to pass the assessment and gain your certificate.
- The certificates are printable, and will be saved in your Care Academy profile where they will remain for as long as you keep your Care Academy account. For further information about downloading your certificate after you have exited a course, visit our Virtual Help Desk.
What's included on your Certificate
- Your certificate will be personalised with the name which you enter on completion of the course.
- Name of the course completed
- Date that the course was completed
- Expiry date of certificate (where applicable)
- Stamps of approval and/or accreditations
- Learning outcomes of what you have learned during your training
- Assessment score (only applicable for some courses)
Please make sure you are familiar with our technical requirements before commencing a course:
Web browser: Google Chrome or Firefox. Some of our courses/elements of courses will not work on other internet browsers.
Device: Although our courses work on any device connected to the internet, we recommend a desktop or laptop for optimal learning experience.
Internet: You need to have an internet connection to access any of our online training courses.
PDF Reader: Some of our courses come with PDFs and Word documents for download. You need to ensure that you have a PDF reader and word processor on your device to access these documents if you would like to download them.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Make sure you're using the correct browser!
Many of our courses will only work correctly if you access them on Google Chrome or Firefox. For other browsers such as Explorer, Edge, Safari etc, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the course content correctly, or complete and gain your certificate!
Please ensure that you read the 'Technical Requirements' on the course page prior to starting your course.