Level 2 Infection Control
Study time: 1 hour
Our level 2 Infection Control course is aimed at those working in a clinical healthcare role. The course is CSTF aligned. This course covers the theory requirements for standard 15 of the Care Certificate.
1 self-led presentation
1 certificate of learning
No need to complete the Level 1 Infection Control course first. We have included the level 1 content within this course!
- Understand how individuals can contribute to infection prevention and control
- Understand standard infection prevention and control precautions
- Recognise when personal fitness to work may pose a risk of infection to others
- Understand what is meant by the term 'Healthcare Related Infection'
- Understand the chain of infection
- Understand the 3 levels of decontamination and everyone's roles and responsibilities
- Understand how to carry out a risk assessment for infection control
- Understand alert and notifiable diseases and the risks they pose
- Understand how to safely manage a service user with alert organisms
- Hand Hygiene
- Infection Prevention and Control Precautions
- Risk AssessmentInfection Control in Healthcare
This course has 1 assessment. You must gain a minimum of 75% in the assessment in order to pass the course. You have unlimited attempts to pass each assessment. This is a theoretical course, which may, depending on your place of work and role, require practical follow up in your workplace.