Level 1 Safeguarding Children
Study time: 2 hours
This course gives you the foundation knowledge you need for any role which may come into contact with children. The course covers the theoretical requirements for standard 11 of the Care Certificate and is CSTF aligned.
External links to enhance your learning
1 certificate of learning
- Know potential indicators of child maltreatment in its different forms
- Be aware of child trafficking, female genital mutilation, forced marriage, modern slavery, gang and electronic media abuse, sexual exploitation, county line
- Be aware of the vulnerability of certain groups of children
- Understand risk associated with the internet and social networking
- Understand the impact a parent/carer's physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child
- Understand the importance of children's rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
- Know what action to take if they have concerns should be reported and from whom to seek advice
- Be aware of relevant legislation
- The Law and Children's Rights
- What is Child Abuse?
- Raising Safeguarding Concerns
There are 2 assessments in this course. Each assessment must be passed with at least 75% in order to pass the course. You have unlimited attempts to pass each assessment, but you must pass both assessments to be able to gain your certificate.